Paragliding Association of India

Discuss paragliding association / federation or anything to do with a National or Local / Regional body.

Are you in favor of online voting?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:47 am

YES
91%
NO
9%

Total votes : 35

Re: Paragliding Association of India

Postby roshan » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:20 pm

Hi

I am happy that some thing is happening for paragliding.

In himachal our pilots are not using internet and therefore online vating is not good idea.
Secondly India is big country so it is not possible for every pilot to attend meeting.
I think we are forming National federation and we must understand how a federatyion system works.
Every stae / zone must have association and these associans must affiliate to the federation.
All the pilots must be registered with thier respective association.
all the state / zone must get equal representation in the federation.
There is no need to register the pilot to federation, every pilots must come to federation through thier
respective association.
I think ,this is how a national federation / association works.

Meeting of the PAI should held in October.

If you agree we can orgaqnise meeting in Manali or Bir.
roshan

First Name: roshan
City / Town: Manali

Postby iyer » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:25 pm

Roshan,

This makes great sense and would be the true way to have a national association with true representation and true participation.Great Idea :idea:

NB : Admin this may be routed/regrouped to the proper forum so that people can go across it
Rgds

Iyer

My Flying Gear

Parajet Cyclone 294cc,Sup Air Harness, Eden 4 33,Aegis 63 Reserve,GoPro HD 3D Kit (64GB *2 SDHD),Liteeye LE-800 Monocular  HMD-2,Self-Made Virtual Instrument Display Cockpit,Fly Flash Trike Clone with Apco Harness.
iyer

First Name: Hariharan
City / Town: Aurangabad-Mumbai

Postby paramkumar » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:45 am

Just curious. Would Hang Gliding and Powered HG come under PAI? To my knowledge there is a HG association in Madras (now Chennai) over 15 years - 'Madras Hang Gliding Association'.

And as for the Powered HG, there is Ace Aviation that manufactures and exports Trikes right here in Ooty, Tamilnadu. Their website address is http://www.aceaviation.co.uk.
paramkumar

First Name: Arun
City / Town: Then Pune now Chennai

Postby samson_nik » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:25 am

@arun kumar...for your info more production units for powered HG is there in karnataka, and tandem operations of Powered HG is there in Maharashtra...
samson_nik

First Name: Samson
City / Town: Salem

Postby roshan » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:48 am

Iyer

Thanks. I hope our pilots will agree with me.
roshan

First Name: roshan
City / Town: Manali

Postby goanil » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:54 am

@Arun Kumar, At present as per the MOA of PAI, we only cover PG and PPG. We do not cover HG in any form.

@Roshan, What you say about the structure of a National Association is perfectly true. I have already clarified this in several mails earlier. However there is no bar on Individuals also becoming members of a National Association.

We are presently proceeding with Individual members,clubs and state Associations, since there are hardly 2 registered state Associations. However as soon as we have state Associations in all the states we can, with the consent of all, modify the MOA and Constitution to incorporate whatever changes are demanded by the majority.

The reason for online voting is because all members cannot come to the meeting. If the meeting is held in Kamshet,then it is difficult for your members to come there in large numbers. So also if the meeting is held in Bir or Manali it is difficlut for all members from other parts of the country to come there for the meeting.

So the plan is to permit voting in person as well as on line voting. That way all members can get the opportunity to vote, and not feel left out. It is easier and beneficial for your members to learn to use the Internet and correspond with all other members on the forum,as well as vote, than for everybody to travel to any one specific place for meetings.

A meeting in Oct is fine, but we need to get on with our work, and cannot sit idle for the next 4 or 5 months, so we need an elected body in place to take things forward, till we have a full scale General body Meeting.

As I have said before we will be happy to have you or any other rep of the Manali/ Bir pilots in the National Association as a Managing Council V.P. Please file nominations.

Let us all work together to find solutions for the benefit of our of sport.

regards,

anil
goanil

First Name: anil
City / Town: panaji

Postby avinash » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:05 am

Hi

I recommend Anil Madgavkar for post of president, since he is neutral and has very good experience running sport associations. I also believe he will be supported by most pilots and instructors.
To have the association to take off successfully and not crash land we need Anil to be the President. :idea:

Avinash
avinash

First Name: Avinash
City / Town: Mumbai

Postby goanil » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:59 am

Hi Avinash,

Thanks for your vote of confidence.

I have been involved with Associations for 40 years :o :shock: . Now, I just want to relax and enjoy my flying.

It would be good to have some young enthusiastic person good in liason,admin, and fund raising to take over as President. I would be more than happy to advise and help in any manner to get the Association runnig smoothly. I am sure all the young guys on the forum are far more enthusiastic and capable than me.Manoj, Deepak, Gopa, Naren,Sunil, Sanjay,Avi, .............I could go on and on. So all you young guys please stand up and file your nomiations, and leave us oldies to fly into oblivion :lol:

@Forum admin. I think you should change the poll option.1 to read online poll alongwith physical poll, and option.2, physical poll only.

The present poll gives the impression that poll will be taken online only without any meeting.

Anil
goanil

First Name: anil
City / Town: panaji

Postby wizzman » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:43 pm

Anil,

40 years of involvement with associations...WOW!
So why not 41 years :)

As Debu said it yesterday and lot of others have expressed it already... there is a definite problem if post of president is administrated by one of our senior pilots. NO...There is nothing wrong with any individual...and I say they have good PG experience and also fair admin skills.
The issue is that each of them are going to face opposition from other (1 or more) senior pilots. This will stall the process. So we need to have a person who can administrate well, maintain harmony and also promote the sport and community.

Lets us wait for the nominations...The reason we all suggested to have SELF-NOMINATION is ... to let the person decide if He / She is interested and capable in working. So far Pankaj is the only guy who has done it (not in the nomination topic though).

If self-nominations doesn't work... then lets come up with suggestions for the first set of office bearers...and let everyone decide.

Anil....why not 41 ???? :)
////////
CheerZ!
wizzman

First Name: Manoj
City / Town: Navi Mumbai

Postby samson_nik » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:44 pm

wizzman wrote:
Anil....why not 41 ???? :)

Think of it....
samson_nik