Paragliding Association of India

Discuss paragliding association / federation or anything to do with a National or Local / Regional body.

Are you in favor of online voting?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:47 am

YES
91%
NO
9%

Total votes : 35

Re: Paragliding Association of India

Postby drdebu » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:25 pm

hi all
anil i dont think i know you personaly but i agree with the other guys, and from your posts i would say that you would make a fine president, at least for the first term if you are willing as we need somebody with experience, which you have (40 years ) and a bit ofstrong personality, to at least see this thing gets going, then you can happily fly into oblivion ;) cheers
drdebu

First Name: debu
City / Town: manali

Postby gopa » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:46 pm

Job of a President ..here... is going to be an assassin's job...., if it is to be well done within a time frame. Visiting other States and Sites(atleast once), meet up with all Junior and Senior pilots to get their confidence, visiting necessary Sports Ministries and Babus to get 'sport flying' status, setting up technical/safety committees, empowering Zonal/State representatives....Well, list doesnt end that easily. Now, regular/active pilots may not get time to finish all this job pronto. The house is to be in order...evenif U wish to hand over the President tag to a rich philanthropist. One cant be blamed if people think that this job warrants a young man with 40+ years of service...:)
gopa

First Name: gopa
City / Town: Bangkok

Postby kite1 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:54 pm

hello friends,

It look like we kinda stuck at this point here...we gotta move forward... nobody seems to file their nominations.. what is happening... come on senior pilots, pl come forward and take an initiative... Now we have a platform registered , ready to sail, and we have to fuel it up with the right captain and supporting team.. . It's very urgent and needful in the present situation for our sports, for DGCA, AFMLU, and other legal institutions have found us happening and could be a threat if used by anti social elements...so we need to work as a strong team in the form of a national association to convince / guide the authorities before they make hard and fast and impractical rules and regulations to control the game.. we need to get a structured lay out for the sports recognised by the govt.. so we can go in proper channel and legal, without harassed by different local institutions... we must have an active, legal co-ordination committee supported by a technical-safety committee funded by the association... for all these to happen, we need to get started....

from my limited knowledge I suggest these names for the major posts...

President - Anil
Vice President - Eric / Sanjay / Gurpreet
Secretary - Manoj / Gopa / Pnakaj
jt. sec - can be selected by Secretary/s

Technical /safety committee - Gurpreet, Eric, Avi, Samson, Dileep, Debu etc..

area representation can be selected from the state associations though they are not registered at the moment..

and all other sub committes and governing committee can be elected /nominated at the general body meeting and the dates can be decided by the first four posts...

these are just my humble thoughts and please excuse if I am outspoken...

some light on this please.....

best,

sunil
Life is beautiful...Let's 'live' it....
kite1

First Name: sunil
City / Town: palakkad kerala

Postby goanil » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:00 pm

Debu, Manoj, gopa,Sam,Guys, Thanks for your confidence in me.

Lets wait and see if we can get anyone better. my main problem is that I plan to go in for my operation to get all the metal out of my leg and to get it straightened and lengthened. Tihs will put me out of commission for 4 to 6 months,specially for any travel out of town.

We have so many young non controversial people like Manoj, Gopa etc. who, like me, are in the sport for the fun and love of the sport only. I would be most glad to advise and guide them, if they take the post.
As Debu, Manoj,Deepak and others know I am a bit of a strong personality and tend to fly off the handle at times :shock: :roll: :lol: , not exactly the qualities for a President. :D

I would suggest that we wait for nominations till 10th june. We can then have a meeting in any suitable place, Goa, mumbai,pune,Banglore,Delhi etc. with at least 2 or 3 reps from each flying state/venue etc.and then form the first Managing Committee, and Tech Committees, and then put the names up on the forum for the views of all the members, and get their approval. Tihs way we could have well represented Committees who could function till we have a full fledged General Body meeting.

Please express your views on this suggestions, and also suggest alternatives, if any.

Anil
goanil

First Name: anil
City / Town: panaji

Postby iyer » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:16 pm

Avi & Anil

Thanks for the comforting statement for the specifics of PPG treatment in PAI.

My points are based on only pure logic as to what expectation PPG pilots needs to have reg, PAI's concern & focus on PPG.Iam keen on this as DGCA is already planning on having PPG under Microlight Experimental Category E and India will be the first country to have PPG rules to do so ( Soviet Block did have this from 1973 to 1998).This means a lot of aspects for all PPG pilots in India and the PPG sports in general.

Anyway this is not much of an intrest area in this forum/association as most of the forum members are PG enthuiast.Any association will always cater to the larger needs of an association which is the rationale of my point.But any assurance is always comforting.

I am neither into inducing the forum for a seperate PPG association as iam quite rational on the PPG headcounts in this forum and the support harnessed therein.Therefore its a wait and watch situation for me.
Rgds

Iyer

My Flying Gear

Parajet Cyclone 294cc,Sup Air Harness, Eden 4 33,Aegis 63 Reserve,GoPro HD 3D Kit (64GB *2 SDHD),Liteeye LE-800 Monocular  HMD-2,Self-Made Virtual Instrument Display Cockpit,Fly Flash Trike Clone with Apco Harness.
iyer

First Name: Hariharan
City / Town: Aurangabad-Mumbai

Postby gopa » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:54 pm

Hey...this discussion is getting interesting, like a Malayalam movie...where the actors (and, actresses) shy to express themselves...Dont we have any female pilots, by the way..who can express better in such circumstances....!?
Let me express/state about myself....I live outside the Country(travel to Kerala 5-6 times a year, though), eventhough, I hope to relocate this year(!)..I would be happy to contribute to Kerala where I (think!)believe I have sufficient network and through it, I could contribute to the State and National level if possible.
So, currently...I am NOT fit for either Zonal OR National level responsibility, except on State level..., as any job is important to me in terms of deliverables..
gopa

Postby gopa » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:02 pm

Further to Iyer's postings on PPG..is it possible for a PG association to represent PPG with the concerned authorities..? If not, would it be possible to amend ours to extend the scope to PPG..? Or, would PPG and Microlights come directly under DGCA's (similar)purview..?
gopa

Postby avi » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:09 pm

So we do have a President - Anil :) , and i'm sure Anil you don't need any arm twisting ;) Your experience with running associations is invaluable at this stage and it seems you alone have the maturity to anchor the process at this stage.Lets run with this for a year atleast with your kind affirmation.

I do agree with Roshan's reccomendations and the solution i guess is what Anil suggested - a combination of both online and physical presence. What comes to my mind for now reg. zonal representation is this -

NORTH - Manali/Bir/Delhi, WEST - Pune/Kamshet/Mumbai + Goa, SOUTH - Karnataka/TN/Kerela, EAST - Sikkim etc. These are roughly the active flying stations for both PG n PPG. Please add if i've missed out and we can keep adding representations as the sport grows..A rep or two or three from each of these areas can meet and form the GC and TC's. These reps. after reviewing the nominations etc can put forward their recommendations to the community/forum for approval/consensus. This will start the engine for us and set a stage for a proper AGM and so forth.

This shall hopefully put our house in order and address the urgency that Sunil mentioned and we all have a good sense of. Anil can keep steering the ship like he's doing anyway with a good overview of the all round requirements and progress.

If there's one Hang glider pilot who comes forward we could think. Everyone's clueless, i've done a few hops on one at Shindewadi...and i guess that was for the last time. The sport never really took off in India, only the army indulged in it and they had terrible accidents. If there are HG pilots, they are more than welcome :)

Manoj n Anil have initiated the work on logo n website which is great and all in all i think we're looking good. The participation recently must've made everyone feel good.

regards :)
Last edited by avi on Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
avi

First Name: Avi
City / Town: Pune

Postby avi » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:28 pm

@Gopa n MR.Iyer,

your concerns are absolutely valid. I've done some rounds of DGCA and for now they have no proper policy on even microlights, forget paramotoring. The PPG Panel of the association along with the backing of President and GC will fight tooth n nail for its cause.
There are also some good people in the DGCA who would like to consider and folow what happens in other countries. Foot launched PPG should not be coming under the Experimental Microlight section is my view.
The real concern for DGCA and us would be the security clearances and flying operations being done in free airspaces with proper intimation to the relvant ATC'S.
Once the regulations are in place, i really do not see any issues. DGCA wants respective Associations to take care of the different set of rules that apply to different aerosports. They do wish to promote aviation in the country, that's part of their goal n purpose, they just don't have people who have worked on these things and put them in order. They look forward to Associaions to take this initiative and the same happens in most developed countries.
Its our right to fly, no one can take that away from us. And even if they do -

we'll still fly :D
regards
avi

First Name: Avi
City / Town: Pune

Postby iyer » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:52 pm

Just a small update on DGCA's spectrum being "talked" about, since this is being planned since September 2009.

All foot lauched paramoters & HG might be covered under experimental catagory E.All trike with > 125 cc will be classified as Experimental Microlight Category I.

VTG No's will be issued to all the above category by March 2011 after mandatory "flying fitness" scrutny by DGCA. At least this is on their cards.In fact they are not at all keen to have PG,HG & PPG soaring in indian skies without a licensing scheme for various security reasons.

Actually an crossfunctional setup team travelled to UK in April 2009 and a international consultant by name of "Casgrov" was appointed as Expert Matter Consultant.India wants to lead in this effort after the security threats.

Thats all the info i have.DGCA does have a clearly charted "Microlight" Categorization and issueing system and its available from DGCA for all intrested.So there is a clear point to be concerned Avi. :roll:
Rgds

Iyer

My Flying Gear

Parajet Cyclone 294cc,Sup Air Harness, Eden 4 33,Aegis 63 Reserve,GoPro HD 3D Kit (64GB *2 SDHD),Liteeye LE-800 Monocular  HMD-2,Self-Made Virtual Instrument Display Cockpit,Fly Flash Trike Clone with Apco Harness.
iyer

First Name: Hariharan
City / Town: Aurangabad-Mumbai

PreviousNext

Return to Paraglding Association / Federation