Paragliding Association of India

Discuss paragliding association / federation or anything to do with a National or Local / Regional body.

Are you in favor of online voting?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:47 am

YES
91%
NO
9%

Total votes : 35

Postby Forum Admin » Sun May 30, 2010 1:39 am

We are happy to announce that in our ongoing effort to form a Democratic National Association ‘Paragliding Association of India’ has been registered under The societies Registration Act 1860 in Goa on 26th May 2010.

Registration no.: 500/Goa/2010

PAI certificate2.jpg

All discussion related to PAI can follow under this topic.

Nominations for PAI should be posted here http://www.paraglidingforum.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=254
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
//////////////////////
The Forum Admin
PG FORUM - INDIA
Forum Admin
Site Admin

First Name: Forum
City / Town: India

Re: Paragliding Association of India

Postby deepak » Sun May 30, 2010 2:32 am

Let me be the first to post something on this new thread, basically copying over my last post from the "INPAF" thread.

Hi Anil,

Apologies, but I have to travel extensively ... domestic and overseas for weeks and sometimes months at a stretch. It wouldnt serve the purpose if I were in the committee (atleast not till the time I find another much more stable and localised job). But its a good idea to cancel this meeting as of now and keep doing the work from where everyone is. Let the nominations start and then we can elect the members. Membership can also start.

I had a query, if we have this Managing Committee, will it be interim or short term or full term? Would it be the full-fledged Governing Council? How would we go about with approving the MOA and RnR?

-Deepak
deepak

First Name: Deepak
City / Town: Pune

Postby flynirvana » Sun May 30, 2010 8:18 am

Hi Anil

Fantastic job on the quick registration ;-)

We now need to reserve a web domain for the association.

I find PAI.in , PGAI.in , PAI.co.in are not avaialble. ( As we all know Pai is a common konkani surname )

However PGAI.co.in is available, Anil can you please register it under the PAI with its registered address asap before it goes as well (if we find something more suitable later we can always go for it)

However let us meet face to face on the 5th as agreed upoun and take things ahead , anyways after this we will not get a chance for everyone to come in the monsoons !! Comeon Deepak you'll miss our end of season party..

Cheers

Sanjay Rao
flynirvana

First Name: Sanjay
City / Town: Kamshet

Postby deepak » Sun May 30, 2010 1:02 pm

Well ... talking of domains, since PAI is an organisation, a .org domain would be apt. Something like:

pai.org
pai.org.in
pgai.org
pgai.org.in

Ofcourse all this depends on domain availability.

@Sanjay: Yes, I will miss the party AND lot more.

-Deepak
Last edited by deepak on Sun May 30, 2010 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deepak

Postby skyventurer » Sun May 30, 2010 1:11 pm

Hi Anil,

Thank you for the good work and getting things done so quickly. Really appreciate your effort.

John
skyventurer

First Name: John
City / Town: Cochin

Postby goanil » Sun May 30, 2010 1:16 pm

Hi John,

Getting the association registered was easy.

But it is getting difficult to get guys to come forward to run it.

We need lots of participation and help to run it,and make it a success, and I hope you and all the others from kerala will come forward and nominate reps to take on some posts in the Association.

We need max participation from one and all.

Anil
goanil

First Name: anil
City / Town: panaji

Postby deepak » Sun May 30, 2010 1:53 pm

Ok, I have a suggestion here. I see that getting members of the committee itself is difficult and getting a name for President would probably be even more difficult.

Why not just get nominations for those 7-9 initial members without any position and once those 7-9 members are elected, they elect the different posts internally. I mean ... lets get those members first and the members themselves can sort out the posts internally. Since all the members would be elected ones, it would then be only a matter of assigning posts. Lets get the members in first.

Again ... just a thought.

-Deepak
deepak

Postby goanil » Sun May 30, 2010 8:54 pm

Good idea Deepak.

Come on Guys please put up nominations.

Please also note that the last date for submission of nominations .....own or other persons.......is 10th June.

Lets try and get AGM and Elections, finished before 15th June.

anil
goanil

Postby goanil » Mon May 31, 2010 8:38 am

Avi and all,

Role of Office Bearers(in brief):
1. President: To lead the Association, chair all meetings of MC and GB. Raise funds, liase with Govt, and international Federation,to do all things neccessary for promotion of the sport etc.
2. Vice Presidents: To assist the President in his work, and to take over his duties in his absence. To manage and promote the sport at the Zonal level.
3. Secretary: To handle all day to day matters and manage the activities of the Association. To assist the President in liasing with the govt and International Body. to do any other work allocated to him by the President.
4. Jt. Secretaries: To assist the Secretary in the day to day activites. To do work alloted to them by the President, Vice Presidents and Secretary. to carry out the duties of the Secretary, in his absence.
5. Treasurer: To look after the management of the funds of the Association. To ensure that the funds and Accounts of the Association are maintained properly. To ensure that the final accounts for each year are duly prepared and audited at the end of the year.
6. Members of MC: To assist the abovementioned Office bearers in their duties and to assist and advise them as and when neccessary.

The detailed duties can be worked out by the MC members as they go along.

YES, the GENERAL BODY comprising of all the members of the Association is the eventual decision making body, and all major Decisions like ammending the Constitution,election of Committees, major financial decisions etc have to be approved by the General Body.

The Managing Council is the decision making body for all day to day matters and for the General administration and functioning of the Association. However all major issues must be approved by the General Body. This is defined in the Constitution.

The different Technical Committees are responsible for framing the different rules and regulations. These rules and regulations will then have to be approved by the General Body. The Technical rules and regulations would be implemented by the Technical Committees in conjunction with the Managing Council.

The Technical Committees would neccessarily require experts in their field.

Since we have started an online nomination process and given a dead line till 10th June, it would be improper on our part to meet on 5th June and elect bodies and take decisions.

However, Avi, and Sanjay, I also see your point that we have made a commitment for a meeting on 5th June....but that was of INPAF.....which has gone back into hibernation, with no response on their progress from Rajan till date.

We Definitely need to have an AGM of PAI to get all approvals and elections ratified. The question is when and where do we have the AGM.

One alternative is that we could have the AGM as planned on 5th June in Kamshet, if at least one rep of each flying club/community could confirm that they would attend the meeting on behalf of their fellow fliers.
So we would need at least on rep from, bir, Manali, Delhi, Kerala, Bangalore, mumbai, Coimbatore, Gujarat, Uttaranchal etc.
We could then have the AGM on the 5th at Kamshet as planned, discuss and approve most things and propose the MC and TC members.
If all agree to the names, the new committees could take over and start funtioning. If not, we agree to wait till 10th June, check all the nominations and in case of a contest, have an online vote and finalise all the Committees.

The second alternative would be to wait till 10th June for all nominations to come in, and then have the meeting on 12th or 13th and finalise all committees.

One way or the other, I would definitely like to see all the Committees finalised and functioning latest by 15th June, so that the monsoon period can be used fruitfully to complete our affiliation to the Govt,ACI,FAI etc. and I can peacefully go in for my operation on my leg. :lol:

OK, Guys i have said my bit.

Please come in with your views. Lets take a final call and fix the date and venue for the meeting at the earliest, and start moving.

Anil
goanil

Postby gopa » Mon May 31, 2010 1:36 pm

Hey...Great to see this Going and the momentum sustained. Wouldnt it be useful to put in some guidelines on choosing the first Committee..either ad hoc or full term..? Like...should the number of Committee members is related to number of (subscription paying)pilots in each State...or, choosing ICON Pilots for nomination, related to personal achievements...etc..etc..Perhaps, the Working Group already has a guideline..? So that we can avoid, weakness in initial guidelines creating turbulent air later...!?
gopa

First Name: gopa
City / Town: Bangkok

Next

Return to Paraglding Association / Federation