Nominations for PAI managing committee

Discuss paragliding association / federation or anything to do with a National or Local / Regional body.

Postby Forum Admin » Sun May 30, 2010 1:14 am

This Topic is open for all PG pilots. You are invited to post your nominations for the first managing committee of PAI.
Nomination profile format:
1. Name
2. Age
3. City / Town / State
4. PG / PPG Qualification & Experience
5. Other Qualifications
6. Brief background in other sports / activities and administration, if any.
7. Any other expertise
8. Your profession
9. How much time can you devote for the association work?
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Dear forum members - This topic is only for posting nomination profiles. Please DO NOT POST any replies / discussions here. This Topic should be treated as a file archive of nominations so please maintain the format.

Please note that the last date for submission of nominations is 10th June.

So please hurry.
//////////////////////
The Forum Admin
PG FORUM - INDIA
Forum Admin
Site Admin

First Name: Forum
City / Town: India

Re: Nominations for PAI managing committee

Postby bharadwajdayala » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:25 pm

Hi friends,
I wish to submit my nomination for a any active position in the managing committee of PAI. Pl consider.
Name : Bharadwaj Dayala
City : Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
PG Qualification : Started flying with Nirvana and Sanjay Pendurkar in2005 and completed my PIII. Not an expert but recently I have decided to take the sport seriously and started practicing with Gurpreet. Am going for a BHPA Trainer certification at the earliest and will be promoting the sport in Andhra.
Background in sports/Activities: Am an adventurer and motorcycle enthusiast and the first Indian to travel Alone Around The World on Motorcycle. Traveled extensively in India and in 2006 started my 18month world tour on motorcycle unsponsored and unsupported (pl see http://www.bikingrtheworld.blogspot.com). worked in various positions in spots bodies and promoted adventure sports in AP like sailing, rock climbing, camping and trekking. Well known in the official and political circles.
Profession: Business. In medical business and also running an adventure sports club named Bravehearts Adventure Sports Pvt. Ltd.
Time I can spare for the Association: Few hours every day. The purpose of my nomination is to promote the sport in this part of the country and not to compete for posts. Many experts are there who can do the job well but my suggestion is that apart from the central body we must also have regional representation so that the Association becomes truly National. So I would say you may appoint interested people like me as Joint Secretaries in various places representing the Association and promoting the sport.
PS: I was waiting for the experts to post their nominations but may be everybody is waiting for the others to post :). Never feared to be the first so the nomination. All others pl post your nominations to represent your place and make it the one and only Association we may need.
Thanks
bharadwajdayala

First Name: Bharadwaj
City / Town: Visakhapatnam

Postby Puneparagliding » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:37 pm

I wish to put forth my nomination for the post of President or Vice-President
1. Name: Eric Menezes
2. Age: 49
3. City / Town / State: Pune, Maharashtra
4. PG / PPG Qualification & Experience : Instructor in both the field for the past 18 years
5. Other Qualifications : Holder of Pilot's licence (Sailplanes) & Flight Instructor's Rating, DGCA, New Delhi with 10,000 flights.
6. Brief background in other sports / activities and administration, if any. : Running a PG & PPG School in Pune
7. Any other expertise : 28 years of sheer Flying expertise
8. Your profession : Flying Instructor
9. How much time can you devote for the association work?: Few hours a week/month.
Puneparagliding

First Name: Eric
City / Town: Pune

Postby skyventurer » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:25 pm

I do not find many volunteers for making this organization a reality and hence I am volunteering for any position that you may seem me fit for.

Name: John Thomas
PG Experience:( less than 25 solo hours )
PPG Experience : Have accumulated around 240 hours so far which includes powered parachutes as well
Other Qualifications: Also hold a valid Microlight Fixed wing license with 200 hours on the logbook. issued by GCAA - UAE, not converted to India till now
Brief Background in Other Sports/Activities & Administration: Have experience in running a flying club during my tenure in UAE.
Other Expertise: Good Selling Skills
Your Profession: Advertising
How much time you can devote for association work: 2 hours a day max
skyventurer

First Name: John
City / Town: Cochin

Postby samsondsilva » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:56 pm

Hi - Still have a problem to get online - phone lines are cut while road widening and no one is bothered to repair them. Wireless internet is very slow and irritating.

1. Name : Samson Dsilva
2. Age : 44 years
3. City / Town / State : Agashi, Virar, Mumbai, Maharashtra
4. PG / PPG Qualification & Experience : Flying pg since 1996
5. Other Qualifications : Running a paragliding school : Space Apple since 2002
6. Brief background in other sports / activities and administration, if any. : Paramotoring, parasailing, Power kiting, Aeromodelling. Worked in a publishing house in Mumbai, was a director of the company when I left iot in 1998. Worked as an auto journalist.
7. Any other expertise : Have a lot of information collected over the years which could be of help to our association.
8. Your profession : Promotor and Chief Instructor of Space Apple
9. How much time can you devote for the association work? Few hours in a week
samsondsilva

First Name: Samson
City / Town: Virar

Postby gopa » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:01 pm

1. Name: Gopa Varma
2. Age: 45
3. City / Town / State: Cochin, Kerala
4. PG / PPG Qualification & Experience: PG Flying started in 2003 (irregular lately, though!). Fixed wing Micro Lights since 2008
5. Other Qualifications:Masters in Tourism Mgmt (old and outdated!)
6. Brief background in other sports / activities and administration, if any.: Initiated a Fly-In at Vagamon, Kerala since 2006 and still continues, with National and International participants. Was succesful in bringing in State Tourism Department support to the Sport
7. Any other expertise: Promotes Aero Sports Events in Kerala tru networking
8. Your profession: Insurance Industry, currently based in Bangkok with frequent trips to Kerala
9. How much time can you devote for the association work?: Sufficientlly hi with internet and telephone
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
gopa

First Name: gopa
City / Town: Bangkok

Postby rafeekvagamon » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:52 pm

1. Name: M.A.RAFEEK
2. Age: 45
3. City / Town / State: Vagamon,Erattupetta,Kerala
4. PG / PPG Qualification & Experience in flying:Astudent in Paragliding,currently undergoing training sessions with training schools
5. Other Qualifications:BSc(Agricultural Sciences)MSc (Environment sciences)
6. Brief background in other sports / activities and administration, if any.: Has been associating with ASSTA in the hosting of Paragliding Festivals in Vagamon since 2006.Providing logistic and infrastructural supports and governmental laisioning for the conducting of events.The company I represent The Vagamon Heights provides minimal host supports for the events in Vagamon.
7. Any other expertise: Manages a holiday resort in Vagamon-The Vagamon Heights.Currently involved in the Conceptualisation and Development of a mega tourism project (of leisure adventure combined holidaying)in Idukki/kottayam District
8. Your profession: Agricultural Officer (with The Kerala State Department Of Agriculture)
9. How much time can you devote for the organisation and its working:Can devote 30 days for the core business activities of the forum and 50 days per annum for travel for liaison,governmental and organisational negotiations and connected business.Available over telephony and net for other requirements of the forum.
rafeekvagamon

First Name: RAFEEK
City / Town: KOTTAYAM

Postby amit_kakade » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:06 pm

Amit Kakade
Age 32 / Young :)
Done :- p1, p2, p3..lots more to learn...
Current location :- Hyd...
Week ends can be dedicated to PAI, whatever the task...

Cheers!!
amit_kakade

First Name: amit
City / Town: bir

Postby CaptainRajiv » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:40 pm

Captain Rajiv
Age - 41
Location - Baroda Gujarat
Profession - Business (Travel and Tourism) Ex Army Officer, Journalist.
Graduate - Clinical Psychology.
About 60-70 hours of flying.
Identified and opened two sites in Gujarat. Organised two PG events in - Pavagadh and Saputara
Working with the Government of Gujarat on large scale events in these locations.
Can contribute in Event Planning, Organising, Fund Raising, PR etc.
CaptainRajiv

First Name: Captain
City / Town: Baroda

Return to Paraglding Association / Federation